Maintenance of Yoga Leggings
Yoga leggings have become a must-have item in a woman’s wardrobe, so you really need to know the maintenance of yoga leggings well to keep them in good condition.
Newly purchased yoga leggings must be used after being washed with clean water to rinse out the loose color, but laundry detergent is unneeded for the first wash. And please keep in mind that never wear unwashed yoga leggings directly to hot yoga, the heavy sweat will decompose the fixative in fabric, making the color fade. Meantime, open pores easily allow the loss of color into the skin during yoga.
- Check the washing label: Before cleaning yoga pants, be sure to check the washing instructions on the laundry label. Following the correct cleaning method can prevent fabric damage or deformation.
- Cold water hand wash or gentle washing machine wash: If machine wash is allowed on the label, select the gentle washing mode and use cold water. Avoid using bleach or strong cleaning agents to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Flip-over washing: Turn over the yoga pants with the inside facing out to protect the surface patterns or details from damage.
- Avoid washing with other clothing: Wash yoga pants separately from other clothing to prevent color infiltration or fiber cross-contamination.
- Natural drying: Try to avoid using a dryer to prevent hot air from causing deformation or shrinkage of the fabric. It is best to air dry the yoga pants naturally and avoid direct sunlight to maintain the elasticity and texture of the fabric.
- Check ironing instructions: Before ironing, ensure that the laundry label on the yoga pants indicates that they are ironable, and pay attention to the indicated temperature range.
- Choose low-temperature ironing: When using an iron, switch to low-temperature mode and avoid direct contact with the patterns or details of yoga pants. You can place a clean fabric on the pants for indirect ironing.
- Avoid multiple irons: Try to avoid ironing yoga pants frequently to avoid excessive heat and friction damaging the elasticity of the fabric.
- Clean and dry: Before storage, please ensure that the yoga pants are completely dry to prevent mold growth. Avoid keeping wet pants in bags or boxes for a long time.
- Folding instead of hanging: Fold yoga pants neatly instead of hanging them to prevent fabric deformation or obvious creases.
- Breathable container: Store yoga pants in a container with good breathability, such as a cotton bag or transparent plastic box, to avoid being affected by moisture or dust.
- Stay away from sunlight: Try to avoid exposing yoga pants to direct sunlight to prevent color fading or fabric damage.
- Regular cleaning and use: Take out yoga pants regularly, clean and wear them to maintain their softness and elasticity.